The safety and overall health & well-being of our employees is a top priority for Alternative Staffing, Inc. at all times.
With the first positive cases of the Coronavirus disease (also known as COVID-19) being diagnosed in Illinois and the increasing possibility of person-to-person transmission of this respiratory illness in our area, we would like to share health advisory notices from the CDC as well as general health and wellness tips with our employees and customers.
Following established preventative practices are a primary first step in helping to mitigate the likelihood of contracting any respiratory illness.
As noted by the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention & The World Health Organization, the following proactive health habits can help minimize your risk:
- Wash your hands frequently. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least a 60% alcohol base.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Many illnesses are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his/her eyes, nose or mouth.
- Be mindful of contact with persons who may be suffering from a respiratory illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- If you suspect you may have a respiratory illness, please see your health care provider and practice reasonable avoidance to minimize the opportunity of infecting others around you.
• The CDC does not recommend that facemasks be utilized by people who are well.
• Monitor the CDC website for up to the minute developments at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
We will provide updates as the coronavirus situation develops and additional information becomes available.